Water and Sewer
|Water and Sewer||410-535-1600 Ext. 2554|
Billing Update for Water & Sewer Customers
We, the staff of Calvert County Department of Public Works, Water and Sewerage Division, understand your concerns regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please be assured that your tap water and sewer service is not something you need to be concerned with. It is safe to drink and use the public water as always. Our treatment and disinfection process kills viruses, including the coronavirus.
Governor Hogan issued an executive order on March 5, 2020 stating that Maryland utilities and service providers cannot terminate service or charge fees for late or untimely payments. In response to this order, we will not be turning your water service off due to non-payment or applying late fees while the order is in effect.
Please be aware that you are still financially responsible for the water and sewer service provided to your residence or place of business prior to and during the state of emergency. If you elect to defer your utility payments while the Governor’s order is in effect, the balance will accrue and payment in full will be due 30 days after the termination of the state of emergency and the proclamation of the catastrophic health emergency is rescinded.
During this challenging time, our customer service team is here to answer your questions and respond to your water and sewer needs. Our operations, infrastructure and maintenance teams will continue to provide service reliability.
Stay well, stay distanced and know that we are here for you.
Commitment to Safety of Staff & Citizens during Pandemic
The Department of Public Works, Water and Sewerage Division plans to continue operations throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to protect our staff and customers, we ask that you consider the below preventive measures when conducting water and sewer business.
- While county offices are closed, the Billing / Customer Service office is closed to walk-ins and to assist with on-line payment processing. Service operations and emergency response will continue, and no water or sewer service will interrupted.
- Make credit or debit card payments using Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards through the online portal eGovPlus. A 3% convenience fee will be charged to your credit card at time of check out.
- Mail checks to Calvert County Treasurer or drop off in the yellow mailbox for after-hours night drop located in the rear parking lot of the courthouse on the side entrance, near the handicap parking spots.
- Set up an online bill payment through your bank. Please check with your bank to determine if this service is available.
- Be aware that Water and Sewerage crews and customer service representatives will not enter homes during the state of emergency.
If you have any questions, please contact the Calvert County Water and Sewerage Division at 410-535-1600 ext. 2554.
The Water and Sewerage Division operates and maintains the water and sewer facilities in Calvert County. Vital services include:
- Administering construction of capital improvement projects
- Providing environmental resources and outreach
- Providing water resources and the conservation, maintenance and preservation of water facilities and wastewater treatment plants
- Repairing water and sewer lines
To enhance the quality of life in Calvert County through the delivery of clean water, collection and treatment of wastewater and maintenance and inspection services.
Calvert County lives by this mission and in the Spring of 2018 won best tasting water.