Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Vote Safe, Vote By Mail!
On April 10th Governor Larry Hogan proclaimed that the Presidential Primary Election will be conducted primarily by mail.
All active, eligible voters will be mailed a ballot to the registration address on record.
Voters do not need to request a ballot unless they need the ballot sent to a different address or if they prefer web delivery. All mailed ballots will include a reply envelope and prepaid postage.
Please check your voter registration to ensure we have your correct address on file:
Last day to register to vote is May 27, 2020.
You may register online until 9 p.m. that day or make sure your voter registration application is postmarked on or before May 27th. Please see the Voter Registration Section below.
We recommend that voters who are able to vote by mail do so to reduce the risk of spreading the corona virus.
- Mailed voted ballots must be postmarked on or before Tuesday, June 2, 2020.
- A drop box located at the Community Resources Building, 30 Duke St, Prince Frederick will be available from May 21st through June 2nd until 8 p.m.
- If you are unable to vote by mail, you may vote in person on Election Day, June 2, 2020 at the vote center, located at 30 Duke St – Lower Level, Prince Frederick. Please consider that limited vote centers, limited election judges and social distancing, may cause long wait times. Please visit the vote center only if you are unable to return your ballot through the mail or at the drop box.
Due to the continuing state of emergency, our office and building are closed to the general public.
However, we are still operating during our normal business hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm. While we cannot assist in person, we are still available to answer any questions via phone or email:
- Call: 410.535.2214
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In consideration of the Governor’s guidelines on social distancing, voters can register, update information, or request an absentee ballot easily and safely online or by mail.
- Maryland State Board of Elections Statement on April 2020 elections (PDF)
- Request an absentee application online
- Download an absentee application (PDF)
New! View Your Sample Ballot
Presidential Primary Election - June 2, 2020
Presidential General Election - November 3, 2020
- Last day to register - October 13, 2020
- Early Voting - October 22 - October 29, 2019
Voter Registration - Register / Update Information
The Calvert County Election Board registers any eligible person who wishes to vote and is responsible for all registrations for county, state, and national elections, as well as the registrations for the municipalities of the county. This office also helps persons seeking elective office with candidate filing and maintains electoral information.
The staff and board members of the Calvert County Election Board are committed to providing the highest level of customer service to all voters and prospective voters in Calvert County. We are dedicated to ensuring that all voters can vote in private, in a trouble-free environment, and be assured that their vote will count.
Voting for Overseas and Military Voters
Please visit the Maryland State Board of Elections website for complete information.
Early voting occurs over an 8-day period before Election Day. The Early Voting Center for Calvert County registered voters is located in the lower level conference rooms of the Community Resources Building (same as office). For more information, please visit the Maryland State Board of Elections website.
Board of Elections
The Calvert County Board of Election Members meets on the third Wednesday of the month at 10:00 a.m. in Conference Room 2, near the Election Board Office.
UPDATE! PUBLIC NOTICE: The next board meeting will be held on May 20, 2020 at 2:30 pm. If anyone is interested in attending remotely, please email email@example.com
Ceferino A. Epps, President
Greg Veit, Vice President
Delores Hill Brown, Member
Keith A. Lotridge, Member
Patrick O’Neal, Member
Andrea Baddour, Board Attorney