- The Division of Natural Resources makes facilities available for private events in two of the county's nature parks.
- Group reservations are subject to staff and facility availability.
- Any group of 10 or more visiting Battle Creek Cypress Swamp must schedule a Naturalist-led program and pay the applicable fees
- Any group of 30 or more visiting Flag Ponds Nature Park must schedule a Naturalist-led program and pay the applicable fees. Any group paying a program fee will not pay Flag Ponds User Fee.
- Any group of 25 or more visiting Kings Landing Park must either reserve a facility or schedule a Naturalist-led program and pay the applicable fees.
- Smaller groups may reserve a facility or schedule for a naturalist-led program and pay the applicable fees.
- Adults-only groups may opt for a park orientation in lieu of a naturalist-led program and pay the applicable fees.
- Group must leave the Park by posted closing time. Overtime is available only for scheduled groups and must be requested at time of reservation. Overtime Fee $25/hour (or part of) after park closing time. This is in addition to any program or rental fees.
- Smaller groups may visit "on their own." Availability of parking, facilities, and other park amenities is not guaranteed.
These policies are for Naturalist-led Programs. Group rentals of Tom Wisner Hall, Picnic Pavilions or group camping have different fees and policies. Information can be found on the Rental page or by calling the office: 410-535-5327.
Fees are determined by the size of the group, the ages involved, and the type of program requested. These fees do not include materials and supply fees or facility rental fees, if applicable.
|Group Size||2 Hours or Less||Over 2 Hours|
Less than 35 incl. adults
More than 35 people
Flip Flop Groups
Programs at two parks and switch sites after lunch. Minimum 2 hours, usually 5 hours total, including lunch.
|Less than 70 people||$100|
|71 to 100 people||$200|
|101 to 120 people||$250|
Group Kayak Trips
- $10 per person with a $50 minimum.
- Maximum 15 people.
- Minimum age: 9 years old to paddle a double kayak; 12 years old to paddle a single kayak.
- A limited number of kayaks are available; maximum group size depends on age of children.
- No personal kayaks or canoes allowed on group trips.
- One adult per child required.