April 24, 2020 6:11 PM
Planning & Zoning / Inspections & Permits - Adjusted Operations (April 27)
Department of Planning & Zoning (P&Z) and Division of Inspections & Permits (I&P)
Calvert County Government offices will reopen on Monday, April 27, 2020; however, the offices will remain closed to the public.
• P&Z and I&P will be operating under the following limited operations:
o Permit applications will continue to be accepted via drop box.
o New permits will be processed for single-family residential additions and accessory structures; however, issuance may be delayed. Inspections of existing permits are being handled on a case-by-case basis.
o Commercial and new single-family residential inspections will be restricted to unoccupied spaces.
o Inspections of critical and essential services or facilities will be provided on a case-by-case basis.
o The following meetings will be held virtually:
April 29 - Technical Evaluation and Subdivision Evaluation Groups
May 4 - Agricultural Preservation Advisory Board
May 13 - Historic District Commission
May 20 - Planning Commission meeting
May – Board of Appeals (dates to be determined)
• Walk in customer service counters and offices are closed to the public.
• Inspections of occupied residential dwellings are suspended until further notice.
• Fast-Track service on permits for residential accessory structures, regularly offered weekly on Wednesdays, is suspended until further notice.
• I&P Residential Submittals: Inspections and Permit application submittals will be accepted by mail or may be dropped off at the provided drop box located at the South entrance of the County Services Building, 150 Main Street, Prince Frederick, MD 20678.
o Applications must list a valid email address.
o Payments will not be accepted via the drop box. Customers will be notified once applications are processed of fees due and how to remit payment.
• I&P Commercial Submittals: Please contact the Inspection and Permit office for information on how to submit. Please call 410-535-2155 or email Inspections.Permits@calvertcountymd.gov.
• P&Z Applications/plans and development documents for review are being accepted electronically and via the provided drop box located at the South entrance of the County Services Building, 150 Main Street, Prince Frederick, MD 20678.
o Payments will not be accepted via the drop box. Please call the P&Z office at 410-535-1600 x2356 for oversized documents or to discuss available payment of fees options. Please call our office at 410-535-1600 x2356 to request other department processes or services options. Or email us at email@example.com
• Drop box is available during normal business hours: Monday through Friday 8am to 4:30pm only. NO AFTER HOURS DROP OFF