May 13, 2020 1:34 PM
Parks & Recreation - Park Operations Update (May 12)
• Grays Road, Dunkirk District Park and Cove Point Park dog parks will reopen tomorrow, May 12, with regular operating hours. Users are asked to maintain proper physical distancing; while not required, it is advised to keep your pet on a leash even within a dog park to help maintain the six foot minimum distance.
• Fishing piers and boat ramps are available for recreational use. Users must observe distancing guidelines and group size limitations.
• Chesapeake Hills Golf Course is open to all users. Golf carts are available for use but limited to one cart per person except individuals living in the same household. Modified policies and procedures for golfers and staff have been implemented to comply with distancing requirements and protective guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
The use of the below county parks and facilities remains limited to Calvert County residents only until further notice.
• Kings Landing Park is open to Calvert County residents only, with regular operating hours. The pier is open for fishing and crabbing. Equestrian use is permitted in the Equestrian Area. Be advised public restrooms, buildings, the pavilion and challenge course remain closed.
• Flag Ponds Nature Park beach is open with regular operating hours. The beach will be open for outdoor exercise activities, such as walking, running, or other individual and small group fitness activities. The park entrance fee for Flag Ponds Nature Park is waived until further notice.
• Breezy Point Beach is open with regular operating hours. The beach will be open for outdoor exercise activities, such as walking, running, or other individual and small group fitness activities. The park entrance fee for Breezy Point Beach will be waived until Friday, May 15.
• Breezy Point Campground will open for daily camping beginning Sunday, May 17. Parks & Recreation will begin taking campsite reservations Monday, May 11. For more information about Breezy Point Beach and Campground, please visit www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/BreezyPoint.
• Tennis/pickleball courts at county parks are open. Reservations are encouraged. To reserve a tennis court, contact the Office of Sports, Community & Well-being at 410-535-1600, ext. 2229.
Residents are advised that public restrooms, port-a-potties and water fountains at county parks will remain out of service until further notice.