The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) announces the release of the Calvert County 2021 State of the County video.
The video was prepared for the annual State of the County town hall event, hosted by the Calvert County Chamber of Commerce. The full State of the County video can be viewed online at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/StateOfTheCounty.
“In 2021, Calvert County has proven itself as a prosperous community with a bright future,” said BOCC President Earl F. “Buddy” Hance. “We draw our strength from many factors, but it is the strength and resilience of Calvert County residents that makes our county special. It is a privilege to live and serve in this community and we continue our commitment to its people above all else.”
The State of the County video highlights achievements such as:
- Receiving its fifth consecutive AAA credit ratings from three independent credit rating agencies.
- Allocation of more than $3 million in relief funds directly to small businesses and nonprofits, including local restaurants, hotels and other hospitality businesses financially impacted by the pandemic.
- Completion of a $21-million, 800-megahertz public safety communications system.
- Increased public safety support through the hiring of 31 new positions to support Calvert County’s fire/rescue/EMS, emergency communications, Sheriff’s Office and detention center, and the State’s Attorney’s Office.
- Continued public schools funding above the state maintenance of effort requirement.
- Expanding the cybersecurity program with two new positions fully dedicated to protecting county government technology infrastructure and data.
- Continued development of the Patuxent Business Park and the launch of several new locally owned businesses throughout the county.
- Engaging the public in the update process for the Prince Frederick and Dunkirk town center master plans.
- Promoting healthy and active lifestyles through inclusive Parks & Recreation programs and services.
Stay up to date with Calvert County Government on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CalvertCountyMd and YouTube at www.youtube.com/CalvertCountyGov.