Bulk Item Pick Up
|Water and Sewer||410-535-1600, ext. 2554|
|General Services||410-535-1600, ext. 2327|
The Calvert County Solid Waste Division offers county residents free bulk item pick up services for many large items. Residents are permitted to bring large items to Appeal Landfill themselves.
- There is a limit of up to three items per scheduled pick up. If you have more, additional pick ups dates will need to be scheduled.
- Indoor furniture and large, indoor appliances only. See examples below of what can and cannot be picked up.
- Items must be placed at the end of your driveway or property (curb line), where the front of your private property meets a public road. Staff cannot go on private roads or private property to get items. For residents in multi-family complexes, please contact the property management as to where to place the items yet be visible for pick up.
- Residents only; no businesses please
- Pick ups are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Refrigerant appliances, such as refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners, all require a pre-payment fee of $10.00 before pick up is scheduled. The fee is payable by cash or check.
How do I schedule a pick up?
Please read the "Important Guidelines" above. Schedule a pick up appointment by calling the Appeal Landfill at 410-326-0210 during business hours or submit an online request.
How do I schedule a pick up of a refrigerator, freezer or air conditioner?
These appliances contain a refrigerant which must be safely removed. The disposal fee is $10.00 per refrigerant appliance whether it is picked up or brought to Appeal Landfill. There is no fee for non-refrigerant appliances, such as stoves, washers, dryers or dishwashers.
- Please follow the "Important Guidelines" listed above in preparing your appliance for pick up.
- Call the Solid Waste Division, 410-326-0210, to request a pick up and receive a call number. If you use the online request form, we will contact you with your call number.
- Pay by cash or check only. Pre-payment is necessary before a pick up is scheduled.
- Cash: payable at Appeal Landfill or at the County Treasurer’s Office. Provide your call number.
- Check: payable in person at Appeal Landfill or County Treasurer’s Office or by mail. Make the check payable to "Calvert County Treasurer". Include your call number, driver’s license number and phone number on the check.
- Checks can be mailed to: Solid Waste Division P.O. Box 1330 Lusby, MD 20657
- A pick up is scheduled once payment is received. You will be contacted about your scheduled pick up date.
What items can be picked up?
Click on the tabs below to find out if something can or cannot be picked up. If you are unsure, please call the Solid Waste Division at 410-326-0210.
- chairs (all indoor types)
- sectionals (each piece of the sectional counts as one item)
- tables (all indoor types)
- dressers (and attached dresser mirrors)
- file cabinets
- china cabinets/credenzas
- entertainment centers/TV stands
- bed frames/head boards
- mattresses/box springs
- water heaters/water tanks
- refrigerators/freezers ($10.00 prepaid fee)
- air conditioners ($10.00 prepaid fee)
- dehumidifiers ($10.00 prepaid fee) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- outdoor/patio/wicker furniture
- picnic tables
- grills (all types)
- lawnmowers (all types)
- weed trimmers
- farm equipment
- heat pumps
- toys/play equipment
- exercise equipment (all types)
- recreational equipment (all types)
- musical instruments (such as pianos, organs, drums, etc.)
- lamps (all types)
- yard debris (such as trees, shrubs, weeds, etc.)
- electronics (such as computers, printers, copiers, VCR/DVD players, stereos, etc.)
- pool tables/foosball tables/game tables
- arcade machines
- area rugs
- flooring materials (such as carpet, padding, tile, wood, vinyl flooring)
- wall materials
- masonry/plumbing materials
- roofing materials
- kitchen/bathroom cabinets
- campers/trailers @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>