Mobile Food Vendors
Calvert County Parks & Recreation Mobile Food Vending Permit
Calvert County Parks & Recreation welcomes mobile food vendors to provide food service in our parks and at our facilities for both private and public events. All food vendors serving at our parks and facilities must be approved and permitted by Parks & Recreation as a vendor prior to providing service.
How to Apply for a Mobile Food Vendor Permit
- Copy of valid Calvert County Health Department Mobile Food Vendor Permit
- Copy of State of Maryland Business License and proof of “good standing” through Maryland SDAT https://businessexpress.maryland.gov/
- Proof of General Liability Insurance coverage listing Calvert County, Maryland as additionally insured in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence for the date(s) of service.
- Proof of motor vehicle insurance (Certificate of Insurance or Declarations Page) and valid driver’s license of vehicle operator
- Proposed Complete Menu to be served at this location
- Photograph or Detailed Drawing of Vending Unit and/or Vehicle
- Proof of background check clearance for all employees who will work at this location (see Background Screening Instructions below)
All documents must be received a minimum of 10 days prior to the date of first service to allow for processing and review.
Documents should be sent to Concessions Manager, Michael Burdish by email at Michael.Burdish@calvertcountymd.gov or by U.S. Mail to 175 Main Street, Prince Frederick, MD 20678
Once the Mobile Food Vendor has been approved, the Mobile Food Vendor Agreement is good for one year and will be kept on file by Parks & Recreation. Approved Mobile Food Vendors with an Agreement on file, need only let Parks & Recreation know future dates they will be serving in one of our parks or facilities a minimum of 48 priors to the date of service.
Calvert County Parks & Recreation Background Screening Instructions
Protecting the welfare of children is a top priority. Calvert County Parks & Recreation feels strongly that keeping children safe begins with a thorough background check of all service providers.
All employees of the Mobile Food Vendor who will provide service at a Calvert County Parks & Recreation park or facility must complete a background check. Please follow the steps below to begin this process.
- Navigate to the application site. Click to proceed to site. Select Other from the menu, then click the Next button at the bottom of the page to start a new application.
- Fill out all information indicated with the red asterisk on the Welcome Page. Please note, it is imperative that you use your legal first and last name. Select "BACKGROUND SCREENING" for the position for which you are applying and click Login.
- Read through the instructions on the Background Check Release – Electronic Signature Confirmation page and provide the necessary information indicated in red. Once completed, click "I Agree."
- Complete the Personal Information Section with a telephone number and select the position for which you are applying. Please note, if your position is not listed, type N/A in the box above the list of options. Finally, read through the Certification located at the bottom of the page. Type your name and date at the bottom of the form and click "I Agree" once completed.
- The submission will then to be sent to Calvert County Parks and Recreation accordingly