If You Need Assistance or Want to Get Involved
Below is a listing, as well as a link, to many of Calvert County's allied agencies that offer assistance to those in need.
American Red Cross
- The American Red Cross provides relief to victims of disasters and helps people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies. Call 1-888-276-2767 or 301-934-2066 for more information.
Calvert Community Emergency Response Team
- The Calvert Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program helps train people to be better prepared to respond to emergency situations in their communities.
- View a presentation (PDF) about our County CERT or call 410-535-1600 or 301-855-1243, ext. 2302 for more information.
Calvert County Health Department
- The Calvert County Health Department is dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of Calvert County citizens. Call 410-535-5400 or 301-855-1353 for more information.
Calvert County Sheriff's Office
- The Calvert County Sheriff's Office is committed to providing the highest level of customer service to the residents of Calvert County. Call 410-535-2800 or 301-855-1194 for more information.
Calvert County Social Services Department
- Calvert County's Social Services Department is dedicated to aggressively pursuing opportunities to assist people in economic need, provide prevention services and protect vulnerable children and adults. Call 443-550-6900 for more information.
Citizen Corps Council
- The Citizen Corps Council helps coordinate volunteer activities that will make our communities safer, stronger and better prepared to respond to any emergency situation. Call 410-535-1600 or 301-855-1243, ext. 2302 for more information.
Federal Emergency Management Agency
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is dedicated to reducing the loss of life and property and protecting the nation from all hazards, including natural disasters, acts of terrorism and other man-made disasters. Call 1-800-621-3362 for more information.
Maryland Emergency Management Agency
- The Maryland Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is dedicated to ensuring the state of Maryland is prepared to deal with large-scale emergencies; 1-877-636-2872.
- The United Way of Calvert County was incorporated to respond to the human service needs of Calvert County residents; 410-286-0100.
U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
- The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary is dedicated to educating the public on boating safety. Contact Bill H. Noyes at 410-535-0450 for more information on boating safety. For free vessel safety checks contact Bill Smith at 301-855-6943 or visit the safety check the Safety Seal website.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is dedicated to providing the unifying core for the vast national network of organizations and institutions involved in efforts to secure our nation. Call 1-202-282-8000 for more information.