Neighborhood Crime Watch Program
Calvert County Neighborhood Watch Program
The Calvert County Neighborhood Watch program is sponsored by the Calvert Alliance Against Substance Abuse, Inc. (CAASA), Calvert County Sheriff’s Office and Maryland State Police, Barrack "U". Meetings are led by Detective Greg Cameron (CCSO) and D/Sgt. Kemery Hunt, MSP, Barrack "U".
Meetings are held the second Monday of each month, except August, at 6:30 p.m. As of April 2021, meetings will be held at the Harriet E. Brown Community Center, 901 Dares Beach Road, Prince Frederick, MD. Those entering the building will have to adhere to COVID-19 screenings in place (temperature check and sign-in).
Meeting dates for 2021 are:
April 12, 2021 - Harriet Brown Community Center, 901 Dares Beach Road, Prince Frederick
May 10, 2021 - Harriet Brown Community Center, 901 Dares Beach Road, Prince Frederick
The group meets to:
- share information with other communities and law enforcement personnel
- seek guidance on how to handle specific problems and situations within their community, and
- stay up to date on recent trends in criminal activity.
In an effort to keep our community members informed, current crime trends will be outlined below after each meeting. In addition, the Calvert County Neighborhood Watch Program has a Facebook page.
Current Crime Trends
Thefts from vehicles, sheds and barns continue to be a problem in the county. Keep your vehicles, out buildings and homes locked at all times.
REPORT ANY SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY IMMEDIATELY TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT.
Neighborhood Watch Meeting handouts
- Calvert Mediation Center (PDF)
- Crisis Intervention Center (PDF)
- State Fire Marshal’s Fireworks Guidelines (PDF)
- DNR - Open Air Burning Brochure (PDF)
- Calvert County Animal Control (PDF)
Nothing at this time
Neighborhood Watch Forms