Therman Gray Scholarship Fund
The Department of Calvert County Parks & Recreation (CCPR) recognizes that some residents of Calvert County, Maryland require financial assistance in order to participate in Parks & Recreation activities. CCPR’s Therman Gray Scholarship Fee Assistance Program is designed to assist individuals with access to our programs at a reduced cost.
- You may apply for a scholarship quarterly, you may not qualify for assistance by two different agencies; third parties.
- Applicants may qualify for fee assistance for camps, classes, sports, clinics (**see exclusions below).
- An individual may qualify for up to 50% reduction in cost, not to exceed$100.00.*
- All scholarship applications must be submitted no later than 2 weeks prior to the start of the season (fall, winter, spring and summer). The season corresponds to the CCPR activity guide.
- A 10% deposit is required at the time of the application to register for the class to secure a space. A $25 deposit is required for camps. No applications or registrations will be processed without the deposit. Should you not qualify for fee assistance and you can’t afford the remaining balance, your deposit will be returned to you in full. Should you be approved for a scholarship and not use it, your deposit will be forfeited.
- Please complete the application and attach all necessary eligibility (see application) information to process your request. Applications may be; Mailed to: Calvert County Department of Parks & Recreation, 175 Main St., Prince Frederick, MD 20678
Faxed to: 410-535-2233
Emailed to: email@example.com
- Once you have been awarded the Scholarship, you will be notified and given 10 business days to pay the remaining balance. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for approval of the application. If you have questions, please call (410) 535-1600, ext.2649.
- All information gathered for the Therman Gray Memorial Scholarship is kept in strict confidence.
- Camp site rentals
- Concession sales
- Daily or seasonal park/beach admission
- Daily or seasonal pool admission
- Equipment rentals
- Facility rentals
- Golf green, cart, or driving range fees
- Non CCPR sport affiliations
- Pavilion rentals
- Picnic shelters